Schlesinger Library, Cambridge, MA
Joseph M. Carlin, author of Cocktails: A Global History, will be giving a talk and tasting - as well as demonstrating how to make a mean Colonial Rum Punch. Tickets cost $32. More information can be found here.
Thursday, 20 September 2012
92Y Tribeca, New York
Thursday, 27 September 2012
1300 Locust StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19107
A Shaken and Stirred Evening: How the American Cocktail Went Global
Talk at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
He will also be speaking at the Boston Cocktail Summit on 4 October, and signing books in the Authors' Lounge on 6 October.
Thursday, 4 October 2012
Royal Sonesta Hotel, Cambridge, Mass.
Ice Cream Events with Laura B. Weiss
Tuesday, 9 October 2012
Omnivore Books, San Francisco
3885 Cesar Chavez Street, San Francisco, CA
Laura B. Weiss will be giving a talk on ice cream history and a signing at Omnivore Books.
Drink: Think, New York (a group of writers reading about drinking, mostly of the alcoholic variety)
7pm (bar open from 6 pm)
Tuesday, 16 October 2012
Obra Negra, 86 Orchard Street, NY
Featured Readers: Curated by wine and spirits writer Kara Newman, participants include:
- Jenny Adams, cocktail/spirits writer for Imbibe Magazine
- Alia Akkam, drinks writer and editor
- Jennifer Fiedler, Associate Editor, Wine Spectator Magazine
- Caren Osten Gerszberg and Leah Odze Epstein, editors of Drinking Diaries anthology & blog
- Michael Neff, bartender/co-owner of Ward III/Rum House, and writer at Serious Eats
- Peter Joseph, author, Boozy Brunch
- Rosie Schaap, Drink columnist, New York Times Magazine and author, Drinking With Men
- Laura Weiss, author, Ice Cream: A Global History